High-Quality Mathematics Instruction: What Teachers Should Know
Answer the questions below. If you have difficulty, go back and review the Perspectives and Resources pages in this module.
- Name and describe the components of high-quality mathematics instruction.
- Describe the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. Be sure to include their purpose as well as their strengths.
View the video clip below and identify the evidence-based teaching strategy being implemented. Additionally, identify any effective classroom practices being used. Describe how each helps to build conceptual understanding of the topic being taught.
- Of the effective classroom practices discussed in this module, select two.
- Describe their importance for teaching mathematics.
- Discuss how you plan to use those practices in your own classroom.
previous | next | back to Challenge Cycle
The IRIS Center
Special Education Resources for Inclusion,
Scientifically Validated and Evidence-Based Instructional Strategies
Module Main Page