Inclusion of Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities: Supports in the General Education Classroom
You Have Completed This Module
Give Us Your Feedback
Please take a moment to share your thoughts on this module by taking our brief Module Survey.
Professional Development Hours
Earn your PD Hours through IRIS! Explore our online Professional Development Options—PD certificates for teachers, the School & District Platform, and micro-credentials—and select the option that is right for you. Whether for individual educators or for entire schools and districts, IRIS professional development has something for everyone. Click here to get started today.
More information about this module’s subject can be found in these related resources.
- Accommodations: Instructional and Testing Supports for Students with Disabilities
- Creating an Inclusive Environment: A Model for School Leaders
- IEPs: Developing High-Quality Individualized Education Programs
- Related Services: Common Supports for Students with Disabilities
- Universal Design for Learning: Creating a Learning Environment that Challenges and Engages All Students
Wrap-Around Content Maps
These diagrams are designed to help instructors—both college faculty and professional development providers, as well as independent learners—extend and deepen the information included in our modules and case study units through the use of supporting materials available on the IRIS Website, such as activities, and videos. By using these wrap-around content maps, instructors can more easily accomplish the task of broadening their own instruction, and hence their students’ learning experiences.