Examples of Instructional Groupings
The table illustrates different types of instructional grouping in which teachers can support their students.
- Support is provided via the teacher working with an individual student.
- The teacher targets the specific difficulties faced by the student.
- Modeling is geared toward a student’s needs.
Small Group Instruction
- Support is provided via the teacher during small group instruction.
- The teacher provides small group instruction for students who are still struggling to learn to use the strategy.
- The teacher provides additional assistance and practice in the small group.
- Support is provided via peers working together.
- Peers assist and remind one another of the procedures to be implemented during their application of the strategy.
- Teachers assist as needed.