Online Course Design for College and University Faculty
Perspectives & Resources
By completing the entire Perspectives & Resources section and reviewing the accompanying activities, you should be able to:
- Understand the key frameworks and principles for online education, including backward design and the Community of Inquiry framework.
- Reflect on the learning goals and objectives of existing courses and identify how they might need to be adapted for online or hybrid learning.
- Explore assessment methods commonly used in online instruction with a focus on diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment tools.
- Align learning activities and content with course goals and learning objectives.
- Understand how elements of course structure create a clear path for students’ learning.
- Build a unit or module for your online or hybrid course.
When you are ready, proceed to Page 1.