Content Standards: Connecting Standards-Based Curriculum to Instructional Planning
Take some time now to answer the following questions. Please note that the IRIS Center does not collect your Assessment responses. If this is a course assignment, you should turn them in to your professor using whatever method he or she requires. If you have trouble answering any of the questions, go back and review the Perspectives & Resources pages in this module.
- What are content standards and benchmarks, and how are they used?
- Which student learning characteristics should teachers identify before developing instruction? Why is this important?
- Describe the information-processing model of learning.
- Adapting instruction is important. Discuss two reasons why this is so.
- Name three components of a good assessment.
- Describe three stages of the instructional cycle.
- What should guide teachers’ planning in order to meet the needs of all students?
- How should teachers identify lesson topics to include in instruction?