CSR: A Reading Comprehension Strategy
Take some time now to answer the following questions. Please note that the IRIS Center does not collect your Assessment responses. If this is a course assignment, you should turn them in to your professor using whatever method he or she requires. If you have trouble answering any of the questions, go back and review the Perspectives & Resources pages in this module.
- Describe the differences between a good reader and a poor reader.
- Name four elements that can be used to teach comprehension. Explain how CSR addresses these four elements.
- What are the four reading strategies that make up CSR? Explain each.
- Imagine that you are a fifth-grade social studies teacher. Having decided to implement CSR, you have divided your students into groups of five. Of the six roles described in this module, which five would you select for the groups? Explain.
- In this module, you learned about two methods of teaching group roles.
- Identify and describe both methods.
- Select the method you would use to teach group roles. Explain your preference.