Improving Writing Performance: A Strategy for Writing Persuasive Essays
Perspectives & Resources
By completing the entire Perspectives & Resources section and reviewing the accompanying activities, the learner will:
- Recognize factors that contribute to students’ difficulties with written expression
- Define the components of written expression and their roles in writing instruction
- Understand how to implement a writing strategy for persuasive essays
This IRIS Module aligns with the following licensure and program standards and topic areas. Click the arrows below to learn more.
CAEP standards for the accreditation of educators are designed to improve the quality and effectiveness not only of new instructional practitioners but also the evidence-base used to assess those qualities in the classroom.
- Standard 1: Content and Pedagogical Knowledge
CEC standards encompass a wide range of ethics, standards, and practices created to help guide those who have taken on the crucial role of educating students with disabilities.
- Standard 1: Learner Development and Individual Learning Differences
- Standard 5: Instructional Planning and Strategies
InTASC Model Core Teaching Standards are designed to help teachers of all grade levels and content areas to prepare their students either for college or for employment following graduation.
- Standard 2: Learning Differences
- Standard 8: Instructional Strategies
NCATE standards are intended to serve as professional guidelines for educators. They also overview the “organizational structures, policies, and procedures” necessary to support them.
- Standard 1: Candidate Knowledge, Skills, and Professional Dispositions
When you are ready, proceed to Page 1.