Evidence-Based Practices (Part 1): Identifying and Selecting a Practice or Program
Take some time now to answer the following questions. Please note that the IRIS Center does not collect your Assessment responses. If this is a course assignment, you should turn them in to your professor using whatever method he or she requires. If you have trouble answering any of the questions, go back and review the Perspectives & Resources pages in this module.
- Define an evidence-based practice.
- List at least three benefits of implementing an EBP.
- List three areas that an education professional needs to think about when selecting an EBP. Discuss some considerations for each.
- Briefly describe the process you can use if you cannot find an EBP that matches your students and your resources.
- Imagine that you are a kindergarten teacher. One of your students has behavior issues. A colleague has recommended The Incredible Years program, and another has recommended First Step to Success.
- Using more than one source, complete the EBP Comparison Worksheet.
- Based on the information on your worksheet, choose the program you wish to use. Justify your response.