How can Ms. Flores and Mr. Ericson use the school summary data to guide their efforts to help improve the scores of students with disabilities?
Page 3: A First Glance at the Data
- Look for expected results.
- Look for unexpected results.
- Examine the errors made by significant numbers of students.
- Recognize that most states and districts report only two elements required by law.
- Identify the number of students with disabilities who took standardized tests.
- Examine performance scores of students with disabilities.
- Look for more in-depth information, such as:
- The percentages of students with different categories of disabilities; and/or
- The number of students receiving accommodations, by category of disability.